Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Of Mud-Slinging Spendthrifts

I am also in the middle of Glenn Beck's book, Common Sense. It is based on Thomas Paine's Common Sense, but advocates peaceful revolution. Can I just say that that book infuriates me? Don't get me wrong, I love the book, it's just that the things he brings up are so maddening! I am only a few chapters in, but the few chapters I have read make me so angry at the spendthrift ways of our government, and how their debt is putting us as a nation in bondage. Our poor kids are going to have to work 100 hour weeks to even have a hope of keeping up on the interest of the debt that our nation has accrued. It makes me angry that so called expert economists advocate spending, spending, spending to make our economy thrive. I get the idea of what they are saying, and it makes logical sense, but what they are forgetting, is to encourage people to spend money the HAVE, not money they DON'T have. It's just common sense, something I wish our government officials had more of. The sad thing is, I don't really feel the average American has much of a voice any more. Even if we did, there is so much corruption in politics...it seems that everyone has an agenda of some sort. I wish we just had honest, God-fearing people who loved their country and wanted to make it a better nation in office. Heck, I'd even start by voting for the first person that wasn't a mud-slinger! That is so childish! Why do politicians feel they have to stoop to that?

O.K., I need to get off my high horse, especially since I am not a politician.

No comments: