Sunday, August 12, 2012

Of Tikis and Palms

I figure before it gets too late in the year I'd better document my anniversary with Curtis! Since this was our 10 year anniversary, we actually have been celebrating all year, beginning with a Valentine's Cruise to Mexico, but we did not want to let our actual special day pass without some fun!

Despite a small incident involving our tiki lanterns bursting into roaring flames, we had a delightful dinner in a pavilion by the beach, surrounded by beautiful rose bushes. Then it was off to a play in nearby Oceanside.
 

Ever since we moved here two years ago, I have wanted to meander around down town and check out some of the cute shops and whatnot, so that is what we did!
 

I was curious what they sold in a bark shop...various kinds of bark? Maple, or ash, perhaps, anyone?
 

This was typical of the hours kept at many of the downtown shops. It made me smile! I love how chill Carlsbad seems to be!
 

In times past, I have harbored this strange fascination with palm trees. Perhaps it is because I grew up in the midwest, where palm trees were nowhere within hundreds of miles of us. Curtis still teases me about an incident that occurred on our honeymoon, as we were overlooking a beautiful, lush valley. In my awe, I remarked on how all the palm trees looked just like fros on sticks!
Anyhow, when we moved here to Carlsbad, I was determined that I would climb to the top of a palm tree, and accordingly added it to my bucket list. I am happy to report that I have now accomplished that goal.
 

O.K., so maybe it wasn't a very big palm tree...
 
 

We had a fabulous breakfast at a delightful little outdoor waffle place downtown.
 
Many thanks to B and K for taking our little kiddoes for the night, so we could enjoy a delightful and relaxing time!

Here's to another 10 years as amazingly wonderful and full of love as the first! I love you, my darling Curtis!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Awesome that you celebrate all year! Did you like that Boxd restaurant? I've been wanting to try it, but it got mixed Yelp reviews.