Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apples, Apples, Everywhere! I Can't Escape...HELP!

Welcome, the canning maniac. This fall I have done peaches, nectarines, chicken, pears, pie apples, applesauce, plum juice, and apple juice, and I think a few others I can't recall at the moment. Shirley Reynolds brought her kids over yesterday while she went shopping, and her kids and I did yet more apples. Of course all the kids had to have a couple apples just to munch on, and today I have been finding half-eaten apples all over my house. I think I have collected them all, then one will turn up in between the cushions of the couch, or at the bottom of the slide. Hopefully I will find them all before any of them go rotten.

Changing the subject, I have a complaint about being married. (Yup, only one!) It seems like once you are married, it is forbidden to have fun dances as church activities any more. Our stake hosts a Valentine's Day dance and a Harvest Festival/dance every year, and it's mostly jazz, which, frankly, unless you happen to be over 65, is not that fun to dance to in my opinion. I guess I will have to start having my own dances. A disco ball is moving up on my priority list, I decided.

1 comment:

K La said...

It;s so true! And what's worse, there are still fun dances for you to go to, but your husband is not interested and you can't go by yourself, as that breaks all sorts of dancing rules.