Saturday, July 31, 2010

No More Weeds! No More Weeds!

Well, I think this is a new record this month for lowest number of posts since I started blogging. I've written a whopping one post. This will make number two. I will definately be better once we get settled in California.

So, just my random thought for today.

I come from a family of do-it-yourselfers. Not just my immediate family, but my entire extended family is the same way. However, as I was weeding our 1/2 acre this morning in preparation for another house showing, the novel thought came to me of how nice it would be to have someone else be doing the weeding! (I'll admit, it is not the first time I have had that thought!) I don't mind the hard work, in fact I kind of like weeding. The problem is, we have a beautiful yard, but the only thing I can see when I go out is all the work that still needs done. I would much prefer to be playing with my kids, or gardening with them then weeding, but I was also raised to do "work first, then play." Unfortunatly, as I am discovering, the work never ends, so if you wait to play until the work is done, you will rarely get that chance.
Anyway, so maybe someday if we ever have extra money burning a hole in our pocket, I will hire someone to do some of the yardwork for me--at least the weeding. I still want my kids to know how to work, so there has to be something left for them to do!

1 comment:

Toshi said...

Hey Anna! How did the house showing thing go? I hope you can sell the house before you leave. Keep your faith strong, or stronger!! Faith is the Power!! have a good one!