Thursday, December 9, 2010

Of Car Alarms and...better not say!

Wow. Halfway through December and no posts yet. I've got a backlog, I know. So let me just start my December posts with a cheerful little note about car alarms, one of which woke Curtis and I (and the entire neighborhood) up last night around two, and wasn't shut off by its owner for nigh unto half and hour.

I despise car alarms, and think they should be banned. There is definitely a cost/benefit issue there, and in the case of car alarms, I think the potential benefit of being a theft deterrent far deceeds the cost of alarms disturbing the peace. I mean, come on, a car is bumped accidently and the alarm goes off. Usually the owner is nowhere nearby. You'd think that the crazy, nay, stupid, alarms would have an automatic shut-off after a certain amount of time. Grrrr!

No comments: