Sunday, May 1, 2011

Of Dealing with Trials in the Lord's Way

This being Sunday, I thought I'd share some notes I'd taken from one of our Relief Society lessons. It was a lesson from probably nearly a year ago, back when we were in Rexburg, but it was really meaningful to me at the time, and brought me a lot of comfort. We had been trying everything we could think of to get our house sold, and it was getting to the point where it was getting to be very stressful, knowing we would be moving soon. On top of that, the bills from Leila's birth and prenatal care had continued to flood in, along with the attendent calls to insurance to clear various things up, doctor's offices, etc., AND Curtis in the midst of trying to start a company. It was a stressful time, which we are glad is over!
I wish I had more then my little edited "jottings down" to share, but hopefully my notes at least it portray the main idea.

On Dealing With Trials

1. FRET NOT
Do what we can and then don't worry. Worry makes it so that we can't enjoy the moment.

2. TRUST IN THE LORD
He loves us, His children, more then we can comprehend.

3. DO GOOD
We are followers if Christ. Our actions serve as a living testimony of our discipleship.

"As we are to those in need, so will our Father in Heaven be to us."
~Joseph B. Worthlin

4. IN TIME the Lord will bring about answers to your prayers, sometimes in ways you could never possibly have imagined.

We need to be completely humble and willing to do whatever it is He wants us to do.

If we know our desires are righteous, pray with confidence.

5. COMMIT THY WAY UNTO THE LORD
Cleave unto light and truth.

6. REST IN THE LORD
He has his own timetable, and we may not like it or understand it, but His timing is always perfect.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you must be in tune with whatever my needs are at the moment - you always seem to post exactly what I need to read at that time! Thanks, you are so great!