Monday, May 14, 2012

Of Killer Dressing

Recently I have become quite interested in RAW foods and the health benefits of that kind of lifestyle.  I have checked out a couple of cookbooks from the library on RAW foods, and it seems that one of the requirements for becoming a raw foodie is that you have long hair that you do not brush, and definite hippie tendencies. (-;

Anyway, hippie or not, I tried out a killer salad dressing today from one of the books I got, and I just could not keep the recipe to myself.  I substituted an ingredient or two, one of which was not raw (gasp!), so I will just put what the original called for and what I used instead, since I didn't have the original.  Seriously, this stuff is so good you could drink it like soup!

Creamy Italian Dressing
3/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2-3 garlic cloves
2 T. fresh lemon juice (no cheating)
1 t. sea salt (again, this actually does make a difference in taste--use the real thing!  Same goes with the...
dash or two fresh ground pepper
1/2 c. fresh basil leaves
1/4 c. fresh oregano leaves (I substituted a pinch of dried, since I didn't have fresh)
1/3 c. water
1/3 c. pine nuts (didn't have this, so substituted a few pinches of fresh grated paremesan cheese--YUM!)

Blend this all up in a blender, and douse your greens with it!

No comments: