Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fun New Project!

Here it is, nearing the end of June and I have not posted since November of last year!  Well, now I have.  I am in the middle of writing a cookbook--a plant based cookbook, to be exact.  My sweet sister has my kiddoes down in Arizona for the week, so I am trying to get as many recipes typed up as I can in that time!  I also have another motivation for getting this done ASAP, which involves a cancer diagnosis for a relative very close to me who has chosen to be treated using natural methods/nutrition, and another relative very close to me who just got diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, and has opted to be treated in the same manner.  So this book will be for them--and for the many other people who are turning to food and natural sources for healing.  My hope is that it will be the "Our Best Bites" plant-based version, so to speak!

I get so excited about this project, yet so nervous, for some reason.  Once I type up all my recipes and photograph everything, (that is, after I buy myself an awesome camera!), I have no clue what to do as far as getting it published!  But I figure I will cross that bridge when I come to it!

So now I will quit stalling and get back to work!  

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's awesome!

Evaly said...

I know I would be interested in a copy of this! Keep us posted! I am sorry to hear about your family members struggling with health problems. Nathan's dad and grandpa had Parkinson's so have seen firsthand how hard that diagnosis is. I hope they are able to find successful treatments.