Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Diet of the Gods, Part1

I don't know about anyone else, but I do not like the idea of diets, because I think most of them are unsustainable, and many are downright unhealthy in the long run. It also really bugs me how much completely contradictory information is out there;...be certain you combine certain carbs in the right way, it doesn't matter how you combine carbs...eggs are the perfect food, eggs have too much cholesterol...meat is good, meat is bad...microwaving your food is the best way to preserve nutrients, do not microwave your food because the nutrients will be destroyed...dairy is good, dairy is bad...coffee is good, coffee is bad...olive oil is good, avoid olive oil, etc.  (Sometime I may post the actual list I compiled!) Anyhow, you get the picture.  It is nigh impossible to wade through all the information that is out there to find out what truly is the best way to eat!

That being said, I have no idea why I picked up a copy of Robyn Openshaw's "Green Smoothie Diet" at Curtis' aunts house and read it between sessions of conference last April, but I have to say, this book and Robyn's personal story started me on a journey that has become a fascinating passion for me--the journey to a plant based lifestyle.  Not a diet, but a complete lifestyle change.  I would like to invite you along for the ride of your life!

View Robyn's Story Here




Let me tell you why I get so excited about this amazing lifestyle that seems like it is sweeping the nation;  The results of  people actually following this diet are, in a word, incredible.  Prevention, or even reversals of heart disease (the number one killer in the U.S.), reversal of many cancers (the number 2 killer in the U.S.), increased energy, diabetics being able to go off diabetes medications, reversal of almost every disease or illness people have--acne, asthma, allergies, thyroid problems, ear infections...the list goes on.  Wow!



I guess I had always just taken it as a matter of course that one just takes medication for those kinds of things, or chemo, or radiation, or whatever, but someone pointed out to me recently that medications do not generally treat the actual problem, they treat the symptoms! That was a real eye opener for me, and the more I think about it, the more it makes so much sense that one would go to the root of the problem and take care of it at a cellular level--with the very food you eat that comprise the cells your body is made of!






No comments: