Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Nation of Hope, Part 3

Well, I have to admit, I am disappointed in the outcome of the Presidential elections.  I was at mutual on Tuesday night when it became pretty apparent that Obama had won, and I was kind of surprised at the emotions the youth had--there were quite a few teary eyed, kids who expressed fear for the future of our country, and many of them were ready to move to Canada right then and there!

While I will certainly have hope for our country, and will be praying for our elected President, I, too, am fearful in part for this reason:



(~Ezra Taft Benson, President and Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1985-1994)

Here is why I have hope, though, in the eventual outcome of our country's future:



The part that makes me nervous, though, is what comes between here and there.  As President Benson said in the above clip--"it may yet cost us blood."

However, as John Quincy Adams said, "Duty is ours, result's are God's."  As stated in a previous post, it is my firm belief that God does indeed, have his hand over our nation to the extent that our people honor and believe in Him.  Perhaps whatever happens during the next four years with this presidency will serve to bring people closer to Christ.  And isn't that His ultimate purpose?  To bring people to Him?  In the meantime, I will do my best to do whatever my patriotic duty may be, and teach my children to do the same.

Time will tell...

No comments: