Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Of Canoes, Kids, and Stuff

Arden's quote of the day; "I don't like this peach Mom. It's too fresh."

Maile's quote of the day (when told to pick up her own grape she had dropped on the floor); "No, you pick it up Mom, you have huge arms."

It's been a fun few days! Over the weekend Shawn and Heather's family came up, and we enjoyed a wonderful day of canoeing on the Snake River. This time I claimed the seat of power, and the canoe ride was much more enjoyable, despite the fact that Curtis decided sitting in the front entitled him to not have to paddle. He did a few token paddles here and there, but his main self-imposed duty was to pass out frosted animal cookies to everyone. That was fine with me, as I figured I got some good exercise (which I desperately need!).

Sunday, Cherstin and Jordan got back from Hawaii and their receptions in Colorado, and we enjoyed watching them open all their wedding gifts and hearing about Hawaii. How fun to see a newly wed couple begin their lives together! It brought back fun memories from when Curtis and I were first married! Good times, good times!

Monday morning we saw Shawn and Heather off then cleared all of Cherstin and Jordan's stuff out of our garage and helped them haul it over to their new apartment. I will be amazed if they can find spots for every thing! They had a LOT of stuff!

In other news, I don't think I have yet mentioned in my blog that we received some very exciting information from Dave and Charity a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, they are expecting their second kid! Supposedly they only had a 1/2 percent chance of conceiving, so this was very unexpected and exciting news for them and every one else! Hurray! Charity pointed out that of the five married couples, four of us are currently expecting. Anona, get busy! (-;

No comments: