Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why Did I Open My Big Mouth?!

Wow, I was just sitting here looking back over my journal briefly. Last time I wrote in it was 2008. I originally intended my blog to become my "public journal," and reserve writing in my other one for my more private and personal thoughts. (-: Judging by the amount I have written though, I apparently don’t have any private and personal thoughts!

Changing the subject, it’s kinda funny--about a year ago, I remember Curtis and I commenting to each other how easy we felt our life was--like we didn’t really have any significant trials, so to speak. I guess we shouldn’t have opened our big mouths, because I feel like this whole last year has been one heck of a ride! First of all, Curtis starting a company, then all the medical stuff that was going on with Leila, then insurance issues, a two inch high stack of medical bills following Leila's birth (I measured it!), and now trying to sell the house in a down economy for our impending move from Curtis’ change in jobs. Selling the house right now I think is the most stressful thing for me by far, mainly because we have done everything we can possibly think of to sell it, and there is nothing else really to do--it is out of our hands at this point. I know I am a really type-A personality, and it is hard for me when I have no control over something. I am trying to have faith that it will all work out for the best, but some days it is harder then others.

I keep quoting to myself the beautiful scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants; "...Let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

No comments: