Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Of Girl Movies and Kids On Fridges

Well, I have had a terrible cough the last two weeks, and yesterday I finally caved in and made a doctor's appointment for today. I don't remember the last time I felt sick enough to warrant a visit to the doctor. Wouldn't you know it, I have felt just fine all day today. I feel like I just wasted $80 bucks. Blah. I have to say though, what a blessing it is that we have access to such good medical care.

Painting is coming along well. I got my second coat of maroon paint on my kitchen wall, and tested out a bunch of faux techniques on a piece of poster board. I haven't found anything yet that I absolutely love, but I'll do some more experimenting tomorrow. Arden had fun "helping" me paint during Maile's nap today. I think he mostly enjoyed sitting on top of the fridge, which I had pulled out from the wall. He even asked if he could eat his lunch up there!



Two more days 'til I pick up Curtis! It will be so nice to see him again, despite the fact that I shall have to relinquish the car again.

You know, I have to say, it is really nice to have the car while Curtis goes on his trips, but I think it's a good thing I don't have one all the time. I spend way too much money! I think it's because I don't feel like I have to plan my trips to the store so carefully, and if I forget something, it's no big deal--I can just run back to the store, and usually I find lots of other things I think I need. I am so embarrassed--I think I have been to Wal-mart almost every day Curtis has been gone! BUT--I have vowed not to set foot inside a store other then for groceries for all of December, so I will repent of my bad Wal-mart habit! (-;

The only other nice thing (besides having a car) about when Curtis goes on trips, is that I get to choose whatever I want on our Netflix queue. When Curtis is here, I usually try to get things I think he might also enjoy, but Alli and I are taking full advantage of this time that he's gone in regards to our movie selection. We are watching the "Love Comes Softly" series. We love it! It is by the director of the Little House on the Prairie series, and is kind of that same genre and time period. They are wonderful movies, in my opinion, but they are definately the kind of movie Curtis would mock. (We still love you though, my dear!)

Hmmmmm....what else did I do today?...Oh yes. My friend, Karen, came over today. She was rather upset, because as a joke, one of the Young Women's leaders in her ward had signed her girls up (when her girls had left the room) to decorate the gym for Young Women in Excellence, and had failed to mention it to Karen until earlier today. Karen was not amused. However, being the amazing lady that she is, she tried to make it a positive experience for her girls, and tried not to be upset about it in front of them. Anyway, we all went over this afternoon and worked on it for a few hours, and got it looking pretty nice.

Oh, happy days....

I am thinking about trying to get Curtis to do the abs diet with me. I need to research more about it, but I liked it because (at least from a precursory glance) it seemed like a very healthy, common sense way to make friends with your six pack again. I usually do pretty good at eating healthy and exercising, but Curtis has been desiring to exercise more, so maybe if I offer to do this with him, he'll be more inclined to actually do something! Hmmmm....now how does one delicately suggest that to a spouse...?

No comments: