Monday, July 4, 2011

Welcome Inklings Academy

Homeschooling as a kid, I remember my mom always having a fun "graduation" for us at the end of every school year, with little diplomas, report cards, gifts, and treats. Mom did such a good job of making that a special event for us. I decided to do the same kind of thing for my kids this year as well. They loved it! (Note my choice of treat in the pictures!)

Although I started out homeschooling in January (through a local charter school) somewhat skeptical as to whether or not I would like it, I've found that it is a great outlet for my creative bent, and I LOVE learning right along with the kids. I don't miss the stress, busy-ness, soliciting, and time constraints of public school AT ALL! I love homeschooling, and I think we are in this long term, or until the kids decide they want to do something different!

This coming year, I have decided that we will do our own thing rather then go through the charter school. I know lots of parents who love the charter school, but it wasn't quite the right fit for our family--we're just too doggone independent, I guess! I am so excited for this upcoming school year, though! I have oodles of fun ideas to do with the kids!

Welcome, Inklings Academy! (Not to brag or anything, but I thought the name I picked out was quite clever, wouldn't you agree?!)

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: