Monday, February 14, 2011

Mounds of Chocolate!

What a great Valentine's weekend it has been. We had a delightful party on Saturday with some wonderful friends and neighbors, loads of good food, and great games for the adults and crafts for the kids. A huge thanks to all who helped make that possible!

Last night I invited all the neighbor kids over to make chocolates. (Did I mention, we have the best kids ever in our neighborhood? Well, we do!) It was so fun to pull out all my chocolate molds and do that with them. For the centers, I had made homemade caramel, Resees Peanut butter filling, and truffles. YUM! The kids had a ball, and we all stuffed ourselves with chocolate! I was hoping we would have a chance to go doorbell ditching with them to give some to our friends, but it got a little too late. Oh well, maybe next year!

Today has been a lovely Valentine's Day. I guess not the ultimate in romantic terms, but wonderful, nonetheless. I woke up just after 5:00 to make breakfast for a gal who is divorced--she has to leave every day for work at 6:00--eeks! I got back in plenty of time to read my scriptures for a bit, and go for a long walk before coming home to a lovely breakfast that Curtis made for that family. Last night Curtis and I made some fun Valentine's baskets for the kids, which we left on the table for them along with their Valentines from each other. It was so fun to see the joy and excitement on their faces when they walked into the living room and saw the table all decorated and pretty, with beautiful baskets waiting for them.



Oh, and did I mention, I have the most AMAZING husband ever? He is so sweet and good. This morning I found several love notes scattered throughout the house from him. He is so good to make me feel like a million bucks, even though I feel slightly frazzled most of the time, and just a step or two behind the game. He is never negative or belittling about things though. What a great guy I married.

How I love my sweet family. They bring me so much joy and happiness.

No comments: